Wednesday 3 December 2008

The Huashan Tea House.

I was sceptical when I first read an email on the Huashan hiking trail to a tea house on one of its peaks. Those people who attempted the hike were really nuts, I thought. An acrophobic like me would have quaked and peed in my pants. I believed the photos were doctored and no such trail existed. However, I came to the originator of the story which dispelled whatever lingering doubts I have had. The trail, consisting only of steep cliffs with linked chains and plank paths for support, and footholds in the rock surfaces to aid the climb, does not allow room for mistakes which could be fatal. Here are the pictures:

Huashan in the Shanxi Province is located close to the Himalayas. "Shan" means mountain


The start of the hike: a cable car ride to the starting point


Plank path and linked chains to aid hikers


It is definitely a popular activity judging from the number of people hiking


A close up shot of the trail


The faint-hearted would have collapsed with fear from the sheer cliff they have to cling to


Footholds in the rock surface to provide easier scaling of the cliff


A chain linked ladder

Linked chains and footholds


Closing in on the summit


Rock steps leading to the tea house


The tea house


2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are crazy pictures! This reminds me of the saying that life is a journey, not a destination. Thanks for your comment, I agree that dreams are worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello mates, how is the whole thing, and what you want to say
    about this piece of writing, in my view
    its genuinely amazing for me.

    My web page; how to get lot of followers on instagram

    ReplyDelete