Wednesday, 23 April 2008

More Abandoned Pre-War Buildings

As I walked round the old Batu Pahat town, I discovered more and more decaying pre-war buildings.



This building 'Ong Ban Hong Leong" used to sell car spare-parts. It is at the cross-section of Jalan Mohd Akil and Jalan Sultanah


This is also at the cross-section of Jalan Mohd Akil and Jalan Sultanah


This is at Jalan Soga. The window panels have been replaced with glass


This the Thye Ho Thong Medical store at Jalan Soga


This is at the cross-section of Jalan Sultanah and Jalan Mohd Akil. This used to be a clinic

This is the Tai Kong Goldsmith


An abandoned house with a large compound at Jalan Mohd Akil



This is by far the best kept abandoned house: the front
Side-view


A fortune-teller setting up shop in one of the demolished shops along Jalan Rahmat


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am Desmond. This is the 2nd time I am leaving a comment here because I couldn't reach you by email.

    I run a foodie search site - Malaysia Most Wanted Food (http://food.malaysiamostwanted.com/) to allow easy searching of yummy food reviews and recommendations by blogger. I am wondering would you be interested to allow the site to link to (and archive) the food reviews in your blog (we shall respect the copyright of your content).

    Do email me at info[at]malaysiamostwanted(dot)com.

    I could provide you with more information on how this is actually done.

    ReplyDelete