Wednesday 29 October 2008

Window to the Middle East

I was wandering around One Utama mall when I saw a promotion of presumably, Middle-east furniture. It conjured up images of belly dancing, sheiks reclining on plush cushions in their resplendent tents attended by scores of slaves, the Bedouins on camels meandering through the shifting dunes, Peter O'Toole of Lawrence of Arabia, charging into battle with his screaming Arab comrades, the ethnic violence of the Darfur tragedy and the Palestinians' violent protests against Israeli occupation; of oasis, dates and kebab, of lamb roasting over a pit-fire in the desert night.

I couldn't resist taking shots of the promotion of Middle-east furniture. It provides glimpses into Middle-east artistry and refinement. The promotion bay was imaginatively done with the central piece being what is probably fine Middle-east architecture.








There was also a Moroccan extravaganza, what it was, was anybody's guess. Also Middle-east dances, which I presume also include the sensual belly dancing.

1 comment:

  1. I think we need to own an oil field to have such kind of lifestyle.

    Anyway, it's not a bad dream to be; I prayed I can too.

    ReplyDelete